The Huvud 3D Printer Toolhead Board is a very small 3D printer board for use on a direct drive toolhead. It is designed to be used with Klipper firmware. Klipper has the awesome feature to be able to use multiple MCUs connected to the host over a (relatively) high latency connection. Using CAN bus it is possible to chain many boards using just a pair of twisted wires and power. A good solution for multiple head 3D printers.
The product picture is a symbolic picture. The final PCB will be black and version 0.61 of the Huvud board
Main power is 12-24V. 24V is preferred to keep the currents low.
Controller Board designed for use with Klipper firmware, especially for extruders to simplify wiring without losing features (USB bootloader pre-installed)
The HUVUD toolboard is designed to simplify wiring and configuration for extruders on klipper-based machines, which is particularily useful for toolchangers or extra large machines, but provides advantages for even the smallest of machines.
Key Features (V.61):
- Simplifies Wiring for any extruder head down to 4 wires – you just need 24V supply (V+, V-) and CAN bus (Can_H, Can_L)
- One TMC2209 stepper driver for the extruder
- Two MOSFETs for fans
- One big MOSFET for the hotend heater
- Thermistor input
- Support for an endstop (or filament runout sensor)
- STM32F103 72Mhz 32bit ARM MCU
- USB, for flashing firmware
- Comes with 4pin Molex cable connector and crimps
- Designed for serial tunneling through CAN
- Now comes with modifiable traces to enable direct serial thru the 4pin header
- 3x Endstop Pins (5v)
- 2x Thermistor (compatible with thermistors and PT1000), now using a 0.1% pullup resistor for supreme high-temperature accuracy!
- 2 PWM fan outputs
- Heater Output – 6A MAX (~140W @ 24V)
- 4 wire Stepper Motor
- Single-connector CAN+Power
- USB connector for Flashing Firmware and can double as backup signaling
- TMC 2209 stepper driver with digital current control
- Indicator LED’s for quick status updates
- ADXL345 onboard for easy input shaping and future features
More on Github