BIGTREETECH U2C V2.1-3 CAN Output
USB-to-CAN interface board (3x CAN, USB)
All counterpart connectors (incl. pins included (excl. USB).
The adapter comes with different types of CAN connectors to facilitate the wiring.
- Support CAN bus connection, long data transmission, strong anti-noise ability, strong real-time performance and high reliability.
- The surface of the PCB adopts the ENIG process.
- The TYPE-C port is equipped with ESD protection to prevent static electricity from damaging the hardware.
- Support firmware update for the motherboard through SWD or hardware DFU.
- More than one CAN interface.
Firmware for V2.0/2.1 can be downloaded here (MCU Model: STM32G0B1C8)
Raspberry Pi (Klipper) configuration
SSH into your RaspberryPi
Generate the file can0 with Nano or the editor of your choice:
sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces.d/can0
Paste the following text into the generated document:
allow-hotplug can0 iface can0 can static bitrate 500000 up ifconfig $IFACE txqueuelen 1024 pre-up ip link set can0 type can bitrate 500000 pre-up ip link set can0 txqueuelen 1024
Exit and save:
CTRL+X Y Enter
Reboot the RaspberryPi:
Test the connection:
ip -s link show can0
You should see a message like:
3: can0: <NOARP,UP,LOWER_UP,ECHO> mtu 16 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1024
Every device on CANBus generates a canbus_uuid based on the MCU’s UID, to find each microcontroller’s device ID, make sure the hardware is powered on and wired correctly, then run:
~/klippy-env/bin/python ~/klipper/scripts/canbus_query.py can0
If an uninitialized CAN device is detected, the above command will report the device’s canbus_uuid:
If Klipper is already running and connected to this device, the canbus_uuid will not be reported, which is normal.
More details in the User manual
- 12/24V and GND should be connected correctly.
- When using CAN communication, you need to see which CAN node is used as a terminal (in the typical Voron use case both CAN nodes need to be terminated). To terminate the U2C, you must plug the jumper cap into the 120R position.